Today I'm introducing the beta of Product Updates, a better way to share your most important product changes, milestones, and other changes.
Todos are a great way to share incremental updates on your product. Whether it's a bug fix or small feature. However, some changes deserve more attention than just a checkmark and a one-liner. That's where Product Updates come in.
Product Updates are like mini blog posts that describe something new you want to share with the WIP community. This post you're reading right now is a great example. Besides allowing for longer content, Product Updates also can be applauded and discussed within the community.
How does it work?
- Go to your product page
- Click the "Write a product update" button on the left
- Write your update and publish it
This feature is still very much in beta. I think it solves a real issue, but I'm not 100% certain yet so I figured I'd just ship this prototype and see how people use it. If there's no interest I'll just remove it again. (and let you export any posts you've written already).
Here are some of the features that are still missing:
- Adding images to product updates (need to figure out how to integrate uploads with the Trix editor we're using.)
- Drafts (so you don't have to immediately publish a post)
- Better distribution so that your product updates are seen by more people. For example show them on the WIP homepage, etc.
Please give them a try and let me know what you think!