How to be SURE about your Google analytics setup?
Like everybody here, I have plugged my website to Google Analytics but:
- This is only a basic setup with the inserted code in my pages
- I’m using only the main interpretation functionnalities
- I think I can betterize this usage of analytics but I don’t know how
- Do you know any great tutos on that subject?
- Do you use another solution than Google analytics?
I setup Google analytics for the basics just like you. Recently heard an Indiehacker podcast episode (#11 I think) that suggests using the google console to do some real SEO stuff to increase your organic traffic.
Personally, I also use Hotjar.com. They track stuff, let you create hotspot maps of pages and records people's interaction. Something much more useful to tweak your website and check what works / fails.
Have used Clicky before. Easy to setup and useful. Have started this course on Google analytics https://www.jeffalytics.com/courses/analytics-course/. So far, excellent.