Writers of WIP, any interest in starting our own WIP publication?
Yep a Medium publication for visibility & we can write WIP success stories & all the product launches so if someone wants to write about their product they will get more customers which means more money💰as WIP has more than 700-800 active members right now. This will also help WIP itself.
Great idea. Medium will be good platform for this. Easy to manage writers, stories :)
I'm in! Happy to contribute some of the stuff I've written already from my blog
So @marckohlbrugge had some valuable feedback and I would love some more direction:
- What do you think of the idea of showing our ‘work in progress’? That could include our business struggles, our rational behind why we build what we build, our decision making process, revenue numbers, etc.
I do think having a focus like that will help attract more readers + gives you some direction when writing.
- I think that would be good -- considering I am a forever work in progress that is inline with me... thoughts @jonathankosgei @deadcoder0904 ? I do see a challenge since its a "Work in progress" publication idea... created in "Work in Progress" group... how do you feel about us taking on the WIP branding? How can this work that nobody gets upset? All ears
- no prob with you taking over curation if that what it takes lol
- i dont know how to make it work while making everyone happy
- basically I want this thing to work and nobody to be upset
- and selfishly I just want to write more to an audience that understands my context (tech, business)
- so i dont care who curates or where it is or how it is
Pardon the crazy format... I'm trying to put these things into words and I copy/pasted my stuff from chat ^^
Thoughts? Where to go from here?
@getaclue - thanks for taking the lead on this, and I am willing to work with whatever is decided. A couple of suggestions to get us going. 1. Marc needs to make a call on using WIP brand 2. I think it would be a huge plus to have WIP branding. 3. Maybe we start really small, with a landing page and a mailing list. 4. We continue to publish on our existing sites. 5. If it works, we can take the next steps.
Exactly this. WIP branding will help. If Marc can provide a subdomain (blog.wip.chat) that might help too. I also don't care who curates who posts maybe there can be volunteers & some startup success stories or launch stories about why we made the product that we did & what will it be used for. It would help more with Visibility too because as WIP is a closed group so maybe WIP Blog which would be fully open will get more visibility & its beneficial for everyone. Since we get visibility for our products, our sales might help with that too.
It will be like WIP Blog = Failory + IndieHackers. The main issue will be not spamming because we have a lot of products every month. So we need to be careful of how we do it. We can do question formats like IndieHackers does or we can be more personal.
Also, we can have Top 5 products of the Week or Top 5 products of the Month. It has a lot of potential. I don't think anyone alone could do this because of the frequency of the products that get released every week so we need people to volunteer. This would be really awesome though. I am all for it.
Yes! I think a WIP publication would be great as we would have more impact than each of us publishing to our own blog etc
hey friends, so we have settled -- we will begin our journey at https://medium.com/wipchat -- DM me your medium username so I can add you as a write and we can start the ball rolling :)